Goodbye Netvibes. Hello (again) Google Reader.
I love Netvibes. Their culture is great and their product is slick. I have been using the service since damn near the day it was released. I have everything setup, all my tabs just how I like â€˜emâ€¦ oh well. With some quick â€˜porting of my OPML file I was ready to go — painless. Here is why I switched to Google Reader:
- I no longer need to run Meebo in a Netvibes tab (thanks to AIM integration in Gmail).
- I cannot view Netvibes on my mobile.
- New social features in Reader are great (watch for more of these from big G).
- All my geek friends use it.
- The Trends feature is awesome.
Perhaps itâ€™s just the fun of using a new tool, or maybe itâ€™s the Readerâ€™s likeness to Gmail and my compulsion to always bring my inbox to zero, but if I leave the tab open Iâ€™m finding myself having to scrolling through the â€œAll Itemsâ€ list just to bring it to zero again. This is tricky, Scoble alone has shared something like 60 items just today. How do you people deal with this?
Information addiction. eek