- Austin has a Startup District. Blocks of startups flying their flags to the world – I want this to be an attraction when people come to Austin. Highest props to Dane Hurtubise for originally coming up with this one.
- The startup community in Austin knows each other. (Yeah.)
- When tech people come to Austin we twitter ’em up and we welcome them as family. When they get they know wher to go and where they can stay. We love our community.
- AustinStartup.com has stuff to talk about non stop. Like the valley, people who run blogs about austin startups can live off just blogging. There is that much traffic; because people really care. right?! …this is how the community stays up-to-date with the people around them – people report on it.
- One of us hits a home run. I’m talkin Google. 🙂
- We have several kick ass coworking spaces – including one that is straight up free.
- (1 Year) We have a micro fund – 10-15 teams per year – 25K max. similar to ycom / techstars <— <3
- Oh, and we have people running the fund who know what they are doing — who are these people in Austin? Answer me that. …I know one I want on the team: Jared Slosberg. Sosa bothers would be nice. I could go on.
- there is a bar downtown that you can walk into at anytime and see some great startup people.
…for The University of Texas
- Coworking space for students, near campus -call it an incubator, call it a hatchery, i’ll call it coworking
- Official concentration in entrepreneurship available to all majors – similar to “business foundations”
- Grads and Undergrads know where to go if they have an idea or are interested in entrepreneurship -single place that embraces them, fosters them, understands them. COMEON!
Forms and verbiage, feel free to pass it on:
Conjunctured is opening a Coworking space in Austin. We’re following the lead of some of our friends in other cities: [http://www.indyhall.org/] [http://nwcny.com/]
We’re looking to plant this space in the heart of a “Startup District.” A place where all the startups in Austin live. Where we proudly fly our flags to world. The district is an attraction in Austin. If you think you might be interested in playing with us, let us know by filling out this fancy form, here:
If you don’t need / want a space. But you’re interested in sponsoring this endeavor (great for social capital, exposure to potential recruits, and PR), you can let us know that, here: