Laura Beck and her team at Porter Novelli Austin have been helping launch some of the coolest startups on the plant for years; and they’re right here in Austin. Who knew! I didn’t until I met Brittany, Lauren, and Josh at the DEMOparty last month.
After talking with Josh Dilworth a bit about the Startup District and Conjunctured he invited me to come chat with the whole office. It was great, they had ordered a ton of tacos that morning, everyone was giving me hi-fives and hugs and talking about startups, I was like what is this place!?! … the meeting went great, they are very very supportive – Josh especially has been helping me out a ton and I’m very grateful (thanks for sure dood).
Later that day I ran into two people who were talking about Porter Novelli and that’s when I decided, “geez, I’m gonna do a quick post on them.” 🙂
Update PN is hiring, here’s the skinny:
* 2-4 years work experience â€“ marketing or PR
* Agency experience, at least 1 year
* Tech preferred, but could be consumer tech/Internet tech
* Web 2.0/social media awareness critical, experience a huge plus (blogger, etc.)
* Strong writing
* Strong press relations/ability to pitch
* Multi tasker, well organized
* Highly responsible
* Team player
* Quick to adjust, ramp up, learn, and very flexible in an always changing environment
* MUST be live in Austin, already here, or willing to get her FAST
* Need to start ASAP.
I can tell you, because they let me sit in on their Thursday Staff Meeting an hear the nuts and bolts, this is a talented, fun, excited, and clever team. I actually found myself thinking “wow, it would be fun to work here” and I never ever think that. Let me know if you fit the above and I’ll intro ya. cheers!